HPCP liner?

Discussion in 'Lye-Based Soap Forum' started by pattime, Jan 7, 2014.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Jan 7, 2014 #1

pattime

pattime

pattime

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and have been so far collecting supplies and doing a lot of reading. I have the basics but have been procrastinating on my first batch (BIG WSP order arrives today so my excuses have run out) but will be making the attempt SOON. I purchased a crock pot because I don't think I could stand the wait of CP for my first batch, and have a question.

I use those Reynolds crock pot liners when I cook with my crock pot all the time. Sometimes they leak a bit, though that could just be 'sweat' of some sort since it's always clear, but it makes clean up soooo much easier. Has anyone ever tried using them to line the cp when making soap??

I'll probably just go ahead and try it sometime regardless, but being a total noob I'd hate to ruin my first batch because of something stupid that a quick post in the forum could have helped me avoid ;)

God bless you folks for all you do!

2. Jan 7, 2014 #2

seven

seven

seven

are you using a liner coz this crock pot is not only for soaping, or? i say, forget the liner, when you do hp, cleaning up is a breeze (unlike cp) since the soap that's sticking to the crock pot is already soap as opposed to raw soap in cp. just give it a rub, no need for dish soap, and voila.. clean crock pot. this is another thing why i like hp, cleaning up is sooo much easier, no need for gloves, etc.

Tienne likes this.
  3. Jan 7, 2014 #3

Tienne

Tienne

Tienne

I agree with Seven. The crockpot cleanup is as easy as it can be. It is after all just soap! :)

4. Jan 8, 2014 #4

pattime

pattime

pattime

Well that makes sense. I have a couple of crock pots and plan to use this one strictly for soap so no issues there. I guess I expected it to be a mess to clean up having never done it. Glad to hear it won't be!

Thank you both for your replies, and your time. I'll definitely take your advice!

5. Jan 8, 2014 #5

new12soap

new12soap

new12soap

I use a crockpot for my HP soaps, and over time the finish in the ceramic has dulled a bit. I use a liner when I cook food in it for easier cleanup and just to make very sure I keep everything separate.

Cleanup from soap is very very easy.