HP vs. CP nutrient question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously. At least in real nutrition -- which can still be controversial -- we are talking about specific substances and effects. When did personal care ad copy like "skin-nourishing" become a matter of popular faith? The term has no meaning -- it's essentially gibberish. It refers to some undefined physiological benefits caused by substances nobody can name, for no reason that anybody can explain. It's equivalent to fairy dust.

Skin nourishing has plenty of meaning to me. Water and a balanced diet for my system is the most skin nourishing thing I can give myself. You go a week without drinking water as is and a week of drinking nothing but water and there will be a difference. Skin nourishing, as far as cosmetics... I have less of an opinion but with what I put in to my body, I notice and see the difference.

Skin nourishing has plenty of meaning to me. Water and a balanced diet for my system is the most skin nourishing thing I can give myself. You go a week without drinking water as is and a week of drinking nothing but water and there will be a difference. Skin nourishing, as far as cosmetics... I have less of an opinion but with what I put in to my body, I notice and see the difference.

But seriously, ToMH was talking cosmetics here, not about actual skin nourishment. Which is why cosmetics are called such - they don't actually do anything other than change the appearance. They don't nourish, they just make the skin LOOK nourished.

Latest posts

Back