HP Troubles - HP's Please Help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stick blender method is a different technique then the counter top high temp. The SBHP was created by Sharon Johnson ( Hot process Queen) she has great tutorials as well on youtube.

I understand, but they involve more stick blending than what is traditionally done. Even Tina states that she stick blends during the apple sauce phase which is what I suggested to Kcryss yesterday.

Last edited:
I agree, Tina's videos are good. But the OP was mostly concerned about how long it is taking for her soap to cook, not fluidity. I do think it sounds like her crock-pot is not functioning correctly.

OMG!! It FINALLY happened!!! I'm sooo happy! :)
I used only water with SG. No sugar, aloe, vinegar, or CA. Warmed the oils just until everything was melted, about 150 degrees. Stirred the lye into the water, once I was sure the lye was dissolved I went ahead and mixed it into the oils. Stick blended to medium/thick trace, which was just under 2 minutes. Turned crockpot down to low. Didn't look like it was going to do much of anything. Figured it was because the oils were only 150. Turned it to high for 2 minutes.
There was a slight volcano, but nothing like what I'm used to seeing ... grabbed the stick blender, ready to beat the crap out of it ... and found it was already at applesauce. Stirred, put the lid back on and waited about 5 minutes. Stirred a bit and realized it was almost vaseline.

Poured the lye in at 4:08
Full vaseline and zap free 4:22!
Record time!! Yay!!!

Pic taken at 4:17 (only 9 minutes after adding the lye to the oils! :))
upload_2020-2-17_18-28-13.png

Great! :)

Although with the other liquids that should happen too lol maybe an experiment for next time?

Great! :)

Although with the other liquids that should happen too lol maybe an experiment for next time?

I agree. I think I will add them back in one at a time and find out what specifically was causing the problem.
LOL, I nearly went into shock when I realized it was almost full vaseline! 14 minutes total! :)

Congrats!!!!!! Now try a batch just with the vinegar and no other additives and see what happens.

I am really glad to hear you had much better results this last batch. Good for you!

Thanks! I was at my wits end trying to get it to cook in under an hour. 14 minutes was amazing and no volcano.
I've never gotten an actual volcano that bubbles up quickly.. Just slow roll overs hehe. I can tell how glad you are lol

Back