HP soap Making Book

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vickymejia4

Reaction score
hi friends, I have been looking on Amazon for a HP Soap recipes book for beginners with simple recipes. I would hate to make a batch with several expensive oils. I like simple.
Wish book do you recommend me?
Thank you!!!!

Any recipe can be made either by cp or hp and expensive are just not necessary to make a nice bar of soap. You can make a lovely soap with tallow, palm shortening, HO Sunflower, HO Canola or regular Canola and Sunflower if you keep them at 10-15% of your oils, lard, I prefer not over 27% but that is me. I do not like over 50% lard in soap because it does not lather well and I hate over 17% CO preferring 15% or below.

My favorite HP soap-making book is an e-book that can be purchased from UltimateHPSoap.com. You receive it for download almost immediately after purchase.

The book does include recipes, but more importantly, gives good information about the best HP processes, as well as how to formulate your own recipes. All of this information is available for free online in a variety of places, including this forum, which I've found to be THE most reliable online source for soaping info. But sometimes it's just nice to have it all in a book.

Back