HP-Piping frosting

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teresa

Reaction score
Did anyone hot process frosting to decorate soap or anyway to do this?

You could try it and see if it works. It's been over a year since I did HP and mine was always gloppy. It's just my opinion but I think it might be too thick to pipe. But I might be wrong since I'm basing this on my experience with HP.

Whipped soap can be piped onto other soaps and bath bombs. Have you considered using a whipped batch instead?

I was thinking that too or would be too thick and too hot. Maybe I will try the whipping method instead. I think by time I get the hp out of the piping bag it would be dry...
Thanks for your response.

I don't think the heat would be an issue since you'd be wearing gloves. You could try to put some in a baggie with the tip cut off and experiment to see if it would work. I really don't know but it's an interesting idea. Now you've got me intrigued on whether it would work or not. I usually don't do big enough batches for HP. My crockpot is too big so I just make CP.

Whipped soap is very easy. agriffin posted a recipe and instructions if you'd like to try it.

http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewto ... ht=cupcake

Nizzy's site is the best for more info on whipped soaps.

http://nizzymoulds.com/Whipped/index.htm

I didn't try HP like you asked, but hopefully there will be some some useful info to extract from my experience.

Not long ago, I got curious about whipped soap and thought the best idea is to practice on a rebatch: simply melting a couple of old bars with added water (I tried this on few recipes with a hardness around 40-50).

Obviously, the melted soap was too thick to put through a piping bag. So I just thought to add a little more water. The water got it thinner so it could be easily whipped and then piped.

I am far from being a piping bag expert, so I had a lot of trouble getting the desired thickness. Sometimes I would add too much water and it got too thin. But mixing it some more got it hard again.

The result wasn't perfectly smooth (like butter cream), it was a bit rougher, maybe like a meringue that you beat really stiff. But ok for a first try.

By the way, I don't know how you would "glue" the frosting to the cupcake.

I think you have to roughen the surface of the cupcake. I didn't roughen the surface when I made cupcake bath bombs and the whipped soap only adhered for a short time and then fell off. There's tutorials about piping soap onto cupcakes but I haven't tried again.

thank you and so glad i asked. thanks for the great info..i guess i will give it a try. whatever i choose i will try to post some pics. a little nervous.. thanks everyone. you are all so helpful!

Latest posts

Back