HP Pine Tar added at the end?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry your having trouble with your pine tar. I love pine tar. I only have one piece left so I will need to make more soon but I just wanted to mention that If you want to have pine tar soap it might be easier to try a CP recipe I use a really easy recipe with just OO,CO, and a wee bit of castor oil and it turns out amazing and I just pour it at the first slightest look of trace and it gets in the mold just right. Just a thought I'd mention that. But I hope 🙏 your pine tar will work out.

...I get "road paving crew." It does tone down considerably during the cure.

I'd agree with you, Ali, for the more common brands I've tried.

On the other hand, the pine tar from Auson smells pretty much like campfire smoke. Expensive, but my favorite.

Like Alioop said, when you open the can of pine tar it smells like a road tar or burning rubber. It’s pretty awful.

BUT as it cooks it mellows out and added a smoky smell that mixed beautiful with the essential oils I used.

So I looked up Auson for pine tar cause I'd like to try it and there is so many different kinds red, brown,dark,light do you know which one is the best for soap making or do they all work. Which one do you like? @DeeAnna .

It's been awhile, but my recollection is there are only 2 Auson products that are plain 100% pine tar. They make a number of other products too. I mention the two PTs here -- Pine tar soap | Soapy Stuff

Back