HP Oddities - SSS: Strange Soapy Science :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been experimenting w/HP and find I have to stay below 160’ so it doesn’t cook too fast. My first time using sodium lactate and WHAT a difference in fluidity! When I checked temps after 30” it was at 170’. Left to cool to 155 slloowly warmed & added yogurt, coconut cream & half n half; still fluid. I was thrilled. Added EOs pink grapefruit, mandarin & Nurture’s EO blend grapefruit Bergamot, it went nicely. Divided it, added lime, yellow & pink micas and swirled it. First time for my HP behaving so beautifully

Did you notice a difference with unmolding and the hardness of the bar with the SL?

I’ve been experimenting w/HP and find I have to stay below 160’ so it doesn’t cook too fast. My first time using sodium lactate and WHAT a difference in fluidity! When I checked temps after 30” it was at 170’. Left to cool to 155 slloowly warmed & added yogurt, coconut cream & half n half; still fluid. I was thrilled. Added EOs pink grapefruit, mandarin & Nurture’s EO blend grapefruit Bergamot, it went nicely. Divided it, added lime, yellow & pink micas and swirled it. First time for my HP behaving so beautifully

That's awesome! lol, I still have "learning opportunities" as I like to call them. :)

Back