HP--does it allow notorious EO faders to stick?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aprice522

Reaction score
I am about the hit the kitchen and finally whip my first batch of shaving soap and since I was thinking about the hot process that I will be doing for the first time, I started to wonder if I use an Citrus EO, will it not fade as bad as CP?

My husband really likes orange and I thought it would be a nice mix with peppermint for his shave soap but if it will fade out like normal with CP, I thought I would go a different direction.

And if I actually CAN use Orange EO (and other citrus EO) I will do those HP just for those problem scents.

and I have this little thing in my brain saying you use less EO in HP then CP. What is the general consensus on HP EO amounts???

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

I almost exclusively HP, and use about 2-4% EO, depending on the blend. For orange, I use BB's Orange 10x and it sticks really well. I only have to use 2%. Of course, I try to let the batter cool as much as possible before adding it, but it's still over 170F.

Back