HP coloring advice

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vickymejia4

Reaction score
Hello friends, I started the HP soaping, I use Coconut oil, Olive Oil and Lye. It works pretty good but the color is green/yellow. I was wondering if I need to buy titanium dioxyde and then food colors? I dont know. I am confused.

Hello friends, I started the HP soaping, I use Coconut oil, Olive Oil and Lye. It works pretty good but the color is green/yellow. I was wondering if I need to buy titanium dioxyde and then food colors? I dont know. I am confused.

try buying a lighter OO, that's whats turning it the greenish color. and I don't think you should be using food colorings in soap, they aren't stable in the lye

Vickymeja54. The world is your oyster when it comes to colors! Check out micas, natural colorants, plants, herbs. Do your research on YouTube, and this forum and see what people are using. soapqueen.com post many videos on coloring. There are many companies that sell colorants. There are many blogs from soapers. Do a internet. It'll be a little overwhelming, but you'll enjoy it!

you could use an oil like safflower to make your soap whiter. and you can get micas at Micas and More--Nurture--or BrambleBerry--Mad Micas (these are only the ones I know of). if you want to go with natural coloring I would do an internet search on those (there is a lot of info out there on them) Good luck

Latest posts

Back