HP and CPOP + 40/42 lavender EO

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

narnia

Reaction score
I made some unscented goat milk soap in a crockpot. And it smelled kind of like a muffin. I want to make a lavender scented goat milk soap.

Can I use 40/42 lavender EO in goat milk CPOP? Will the scent hold, or will it hold better in HP, added after the cooking? Or will it hold at all in either method?

Thanks in advance to all you kind folks for your help!

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I use lavender in my CP all the time. However, I don't CPOP. Lavender is pretty strong generally so you should be fine.

narnia

Reaction score
So, does the lavender stick just as well if I CPOP as the crockpot method?

The Efficacious Gentleman

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't done much cpop, but in hp you can add it once all the lye is gone and you can also let the soap cool down before adding it in, which helps with it staying

narnia

Reaction score
So, are you saying that it sticks just as well in either HP or CPOP?

My guess would be that it would stick better in HP, since the oil is added after the cooking process and will be in a cooler environment sitting out in room temp air rather than sitting in a preheated oven, which would apply more heat to the scent over a longer period of time.

traderbren

Reaction score
In my experience, fragrance added after HP cook is stronger than the same amount of fragrance added before CPOP. They both seem to last as long, though.

Latest posts