HP 1 curry,tea, pachouli

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angelique

Reaction score
I have been away from soaping for a while bud I always used to do a HP
So where everyone started with CP ,I loved the fast method

This is my first HP again and although I love it having fast result..I remember again that I didn't like the crumbled look...like its a home baked bread ... A bit raw and ugly
Very different from those pretty swirls,piping,imbeds etc:rolleyes:

Anyway,I wonder how it is like when I cut it
In it is; beeswax,castor, coconut and sunflower oil and extra superfat added with olive and coconut oil
Coloring with curry powder
Sentenced with pachouli
Decorating with fruit tea and shimmer

Next week I will receive my cutter (a cheap one...I allow myself a big one once I am good enough ) :D
So I might have to wait to cut it till then
This is the loaf for now :)

Here you see a light pink coming through,I hope it will be nice pinkish inside

Attachments

• IMG_20180901_232937.jpg
    IMG_20180901_232937.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20180901_233056.jpg
    IMG_20180901_233056.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20180901_233152.jpg
    IMG_20180901_233152.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, Angelique. You are right, it does look a bit like a loaf of bread.

Depending on the proportions of your recipe, you might have trouble cutting it if you wait a week. If it's really hard, and you wait to cut it, you many end up with crumbly soap. I'd probably try cutting a slice or two with a knife and see how the texture is before deciding to wait that long.

Pretty soap. I know what you mean about the texture of HP. While it isn't as smooth as CP I think it's attractive in its own way. ;)

Re: Sentenced with pachouli -- I think you meant: Scented with patchouli, yes?
Please don't be offended. I hope that's helpful. I have a lot of respect for people like you who speak & write English as a second language. You should be proud of that. Sharing your soapy adventures here at SMF is a great way to practice English at the same time perfecting your soaping skills as well!

Welcome, Angelique. You are right, it does look a bit like a loaf of bread.

Depending on the proportions of your recipe, you might have trouble cutting it if you wait a week. If it's really hard, and you wait to cut it, you many end up with crumbly soap. I'd probably try cutting a slice or two with a knife and see how the texture is before deciding to wait that long.

Thank you. That is also what I thought,so when you said it I decided to cut it :thumbs:

Pretty soap. I know what you mean about the texture of HP. While it isn't as smooth as CP I think it's attractive in its own way. ;)

Re: Sentenced with pachouli -- I think you meant: Scented with patchouli, yes?
Please don't be offended. I hope that's helpful. I have a lot of respect for people like you who speak & write English as a second language. You should be proud of that. Sharing your soapy adventures here at SMF is a great way to practice English at the same time perfecting your soaping skills as well!

Oh that is definitely true,it has its own style

Scented? Yes!
Sorry it was very late and maby it was autocorrect
Bud thank you for the help :thumbs:

IMG_20180916_195214.jpg IMG_20180916_195306.jpg

After unmolding I learned that I didn't make enough
This because with HP you ofcourse have to this about water evaporating
So the bars are a bit small and next time I will also make the dent smaller
Bud I do love the rough look

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back