How's your weather?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodi

Reaction score
We Canadians LOVE to talk about weather, and it varies from province to province, so it's a neat topic for forums.

It's cold and snowing now, I just went out to feed the birds, and 3 deer followed me around, licking up what they could. I put some piles out for them too, but they are hungry (and sometimes a bit greedy).

View from our front door this morn:

FrntDkDec14.JPG

and by the driveway, 2 deer eating birdseed I left on a fence post for them. Three were following me around while I filled the feeders.

Deer2Bench.JPG

another deer along the driveway, hiding behind a tree (bet you can't see her! lol)

DeerTree.JPG

It's -8 here in in WI right now. We got 2 feet of snow on Saturday in a really fun blizzard. We had snow over 4 feet tall snow drifts in our driveway Sunday morning that were a pain to shovel. When we woke up Sunday morning we had to climb out our window (which the snow came all way to our windows) and go shovel in front of our doors because there was about 3 feet of snow in front of them.
We're still shoveling our driveway because the wind keeps blowing it back in.

Here's a pic of one of the snowdrifts that "captured" my minivan.

I like snow, but not blizzards LOL

It's cold (ranging from 5 degrees to 20 degrees) and we've gotten about 4" of snow. Not much for this time of year but I'm glad. The older I get the less I like the cold and snow.

We got a lot of fluffy snow yesterday and today and the temp was -9 with a windchill of -17.
We are hoping it stays for a white Christmas!

I love the way snow looks, but I would freeze. It was 90 degrees out today. A little high for this time of the year, but only by about 10 degrees.

Just checked my thermometer and it's a very chilly 12° in this part of Ohio. We've got about 3 inches of snow on the ground, leftover from Sunday's snowfall. Brrrrrrr. I really despise winter. :cry:

SUNNY , sunny and more sunny here....is hot as too ( about 29 dg and lots of humidity ) ....but I wouldnt have it any other way .....love summer ( ps .....Ive never seen snow so im probably biased )

It's 15 degrees where I live(in Iowa). They had a blizzard the day after we left. But, I'm on Vaca in Florida right now. But, it's COLD down here too!!! :(
We are cutting our trip short and going to try again in May!

Its cold here in Virginia, around 20. I whine and complain about the bitter cold, but truth be told, I love living here and enjoying all the seasons. I grew up in Sourh Florida and never ever saw snow.

It's 55 right now. Supposed to get up to 79! :shock: What the heck?!?! Lol. Texas.

Woodi, you're going to perpetuate the notion that we all live in igloos!! :D

Awesome pics! I just love knowing we can still live close to nature!

Fun to hear from all the different scenarios!

Hello fellow Canadian, Catmehndi! and sorry about perpetuating the Canadian igloo-dwellers myth, hehe. I'd show a pic of my house, but it would look like just a large blob under snow, {cackle}

We got our first snow of the year here in Northern Virginia and the surrounding Washington DC area, including Maryland. About 2-3 inches, but enough to slow traffic to a crawl. It sure is pretty but is the pitts when you're stuck in it for hours! :(

Nice pics, Woodi!

In the low thirties for today's high in Massachusetts. We might be getting our first snow on Sunday.

It's currently 25 where I am in MA right now. We have gotten a few days that had snow flurries but nothing has stuck yet. I'm kind of hoping the weather forecasters are wrong. Supposed to snow Sun-Tue.

Latest posts

Back