Howdy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltwater Scented

Reaction score
Just starting off in this. In a weird way, catfish soap bait got me first interested in soap making when I was a kid. I always wanted to make it, but no one knew a recipe for it. Texas Fish and Game magazine ran a recipe for it once when I was about 8 or 9, so probably very early 80's. Parents wouldn't buy me the stuff for it, which was probably a good thing at that age. Now I'm into it with a good friend of mine who loves decorating cakes and such. Currently in Phoenix, moving back to Texas in December.

Welcome SaltwaterScented!

I'd never heard of catfish soap bait before, but I just looked it up and had an interesting time reading! Who knew?! You learn something new everyday! :)

IrishLass :)

Welcome SaltwaterScented!

I'd never heard of catfish soap bait before, but I just looked it up and had an interesting time reading! Who knew?! You learn something new everyday! :)

IrishLass :)

Generally speaking, the additives to catfish soap don't have a lot of crossover potential into this realm. Unless you're some kind of sadist vampire who wants the cooked down beef blood with garlic mixed in. Such a loooovely bar, vould you care to spend the night in my castle?

Vanilla is added sometimes, but thaaaaaaaaaaat's about it.

Ah, you're a hoot, SS!
Welcome.gif

Back