Howdy from Texas:))

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! First off, I would like to thank everyone that takes the time to share their wisdom and experiences on this forum, y’all are awesome!
I’ve been a soap addict for about 20 years now....and still love it, there is something so satisfying when the lye and oils meet. Anne Watson was my introduction and her basic olive, coconut, shea recipe is still pretty darn good.
Now that the kids are in college, I have been considering turning my addiction into a side hustle and have been having fun experimenting with beeswax/soy candles.
I hope to learn and offer any help/experience I have and thank all of you for yours!

Howdy! What part of the state are you in? I'm from Seguin originally but have also lived in Lubbock, San Marcos, and Port Aransas for my college days. Also North Richland Hills and Keller for a few years. Moving back in December.

I made my first soap in 2003 at age 60. Anne Watson was a treasure back then. A lot has changed over the years. I like your idea of a "side hustle" haha and wish you good luck with that! Best to post your recipe for candles in that Forum ASAP to get input before our chandlers get too busy with the upcoming fall markets and holiday events. ;)
Welcome.gif

...Keller for a few years.
My step daughter & her husband lived in Keller for a while. Also attended University in Lubbock. They are retired and living in San Angelo now.

Welcome, Tam. Mckinney, northeast of Dallas?

I'll be staying in San Antonio for 8 months starting in October. It'll be me & my granddaughter in a little cabin while she finishes up her senior year of high school. It's going to be an adventure.

Welcome, Tam. Mckinney, northeast of Dallas?

I'll be staying in San Antonio for 8 months starting in October. It'll be me & my granddaughter in a little cabin while she finishes up her senior year of high school. It's going to be an adventure.

Thank you Earlene! Yep, northeast of Dallas....
I wish you a good stay in San Anton, at least you will be missing the beastly summer heat....what a wonderful grandma you are! Hope all goes well- there are some pretty areas down there. Are you from Texas?

Thank you Earlene! Yep, northeast of Dallas....
I wish you a good stay in San Anton, at least you will be missing the beastly summer heat....what a wonderful grandma you are! Hope all goes well- there are some pretty areas down there. Are you from Texas?
No, I'm actually a California gal, moved to Illinois a few years back. But my son & DIL moved to Texas with my granddaughter 10 years ago, so I visit frequently.

Back