Howdy from Texas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makes_scents

Reaction score
Since I forgot to do this I shall do it now.

Howdy! My name is Angela and I live in Dallas, Texas. I started researching soap making around this time last year, but didn't take the plunge then. I decided I would research it more and figure out ways I could do things to compensate for the fact that I am 80 percent blind.

I now have 4 batches under my belt and I am now TOTALLY hooked. Glad I found the forum when I did :)

Welcome, Angela! You are brave, to forge forward with the lye monster regardless. I think I have seen some of your other posts, and your soaps looked lovely, it seems as if you have figured out a way to do this safely and well, I have different issues, but it is worth it. Yay for you!

I have my husband stand by when I mix my lye and I use a talking scale. I will be interested to "see" more intricate swirls come out.

Hello fellow and welcome Texan :) I'm I. Houston. We followed a similar path. I too started considering soaping last year but wanted to do a ton of research before diving in. I only started soaping a couple months ago and I'm up to batch 5 now. I love it and find it very rewarding. I'll have to look for your soap pics :)

A Belated welcome here as well..glad to have you!

Back