How??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcinox

Reaction score
what can i add to get a liquid soap such as Dr. B's to thicken up?
I have been trying to use this product and it is very difficult to use due to it's liquidation. Any ideas?

Crothix is what you can use to thicken liquid soap. It comes in liquid and pastille form (flakes.) If you pm me and pay shipping I can send you a little.

Help

I thank you for the replies. I am trying to find a non-toxic alternative like corn starch.
I have tried to add some corn starch to the soap but it doesn't thicken.
Do I have to heat the mixture in a double boiler?? and if so for how long?
I have tried two ways now.
I know I have to heat the cornstarch and water to get a thickening agent (like making gravy) but it didn't thicken the soap when I added it and let it set for a day.
The second way I tried it I heated the whole mixture of cornstarch and soap, directly on the element, I even tried adding gelatine.

I just answered this thread but my post is gone. Or are there two threads on thickening liquid soap?

I suggest you read Catherine Failor's "Making Natural Liquid Soaps." I advise you see if your local public library has it. I've read it and it has a bunch of good information although I don't recall thickening. She provides recipes and directions. She's a very accomplished soaper and author.

Back