Yesterday I made two batches of soap using some of my new soaping equipment from the money I won. Doing two batches, both four colors each was a little hectic, but I didn't end up making any mistakes, so I'm very happy about that.
This first one was with a ten-inch mold and using the column pour technique which I've never tried before. Batter was a little thicker than I intended, but it created such an interesting result. I resisted the urge to swirl it, which was tough, but I'm glad I didn't. I am in love with the results. It's scented with BB White Tea and Ginger. I think it smells like a clean baby.
This soap is very photogenic.
I also made this batch using the two acrylic pouring cups. The effect isn't exactly what I was going for. I was hoping for more of a woodgrain or feathered look, but I got a little antsy while pouring and didn't move the colors around like I should have. Sorry about the lighting on these photos, they were taken in artificial lighting. This soap is scented with BB Bonfire which I think smells like marshmallow, vanilla, and a little smoky. I'm not crazy about the scent straight out of the bottle, but maybe I'll warm up to it in the soap.