How would I get a good deep red from pop colors?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin

Reaction score
I have the sample pack of pop colors and would like to know how to get a deep red? I would start mixing but I don't want to waste them. TIA

Sonja

I have not gotten a deep red from the POPs, but maybe if you add a touch of black? I have the red #30 but not used it yet.

Digit

pop colors

aren't they just gorgeous colors! just ordered the pop sampler ystday. i also ordered the black cherry which i'm going to try with mulberry f/o.

do you have any idea how much to use per pound of soap, or do you just eye-ball it?

monet

2 questions:

First of all: where does one aquire these pop colors,

Second: do they work equally well in cp and m&p??

thanx,

Della :)

The pop colors rocks in soap, I've been doing lip balms in them lately. Next will be makeup :) I love her other mica's too.

I have a question about these pop colors. Do they make colored lather and do they stain soap dishes and bath tubs? I have mostly just used clays and oxides so far but these colors sound really lovely.
rita

pop colors

omg! wish i could make c/p roses like that! i bet the molds cost a fortune! with my luck i wouldn't get them to release! unless they're silicone?

thanks a bunch for the link, digit!

monet

Re: pop colors

heart of dixie soap co said:
omg! wish i could make c/p roses like that!
I wonder if you could get the soap max trace, use gloves, and assemble like a fondant rose. http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/misc/ ... ntrose.htm Of course, you have to stop gel or it would blob out. Or try it after HP? That would be an interesting project to test.

I am sure the pics are of M&P.

Digit

Back