how to use sodium lactate

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already make 2 batch of different soap using the same recipe of lye cont and oil but different addictive..
I use only 1% sodium lactate but i got 2 different result. The one is succesfull and smooth..
16798295005924527795730432574374.jpg
but the one is failed 😭 the soap going crumble but dindnt harden till now (i made this soap 1 hour ago) its hot now but its not harden . 😵 My plan is to make 2 layer white and dark blue soap. But its goin crumble even i didnt pour it to the mould.. i use titanium dioxide for the white and mica+charcoal for the dark blue.. 😐 i use lye concentration 25% for the both soap
16798293570562525745000724859121.jpg

I already make 2 batch of different soap using the same recipe of lye cont and oil but different addictive..
I use only 1% sodium lactate but i got 2 different result. The one is succesfull and smooth.. View attachment 71536 but the one is failed 😭 the soap going crumble but dindnt harden till now (i made this soap 1 hour ago) its hot now but its not harden . 😵 My plan is to make 2 layer white and dark blue soap. But its goin crumble even i didnt pour it to the mould.. i use titanium dioxide for the white and mica+charcoal for the dark blue.. 😐 i use lye concentration 25% for the both soapView attachment 71535
Welcome to the Forum! You came to the right place to get help when soap misbehaves. I want to recommend that you start a brand new thread with your recipe. I am saying that because the original post here started over a year ago. I do not know your recipe but I do not think your problem is sodium lactate. If you are doing cold process soap, you have to wait 24-48 hours or more before you take it out of the mold. I am looking forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the Forum! You came to the right place to get help when soap misbehaves. I want to recommend that you start a brand new thread with your recipe. I am saying that because the original post here started over a year ago. I do not know your recipe but I do not think your problem is sodium lactate. If you are doing cold process soap, you have to wait 24-48 hours or more before you take it out of the mold. I am looking forward to hearing more from you.
Thank you.. i already read from another tread from this group. I think you are right. The problem is not sodium lactate, but because i use clumpy NaOH. Thats why the one is good but the another one is failed because i remember that there are Clumpy part of the NaOH on that Lye solution. 😆😆

Thank you.. i already read from another tread from this group. I think you are right. The problem is not sodium lactate, but because i use clumpy NaOH. Thats why the one is good but the another one is failed because i remember that there are Clumpy part of the NaOH on that Lye solution. 😆😆
Update... I made another 2 batch using the same formula but using the "good" NaOH... The one batch is FAILED AGAIN with similiar character.. 😭😭 but the another one is succesfull..
Ok i think its clear now... Its not only because the clumpy NaOH but i suspect the fragrance oil.. the failed one using the same fragrance with the failed one yesterday.. but the succesfull one is not using that fragrance... 😭 The fragrance make the soap crumble but its false trace too.. i think the oil is not yet mix well with the lye solution.
I check the ph of the soap i've made yesterday. The good one is 8-9 but the failed soap one is 11 to 12 😵🤣 its mean the soap is 100% helpless.. i trown away forcefully that soap.. 😭 so sad because olive oil so expensive here in indonesia...
I'm sorry for my bad english because its not my first language. I speak in indonesian n javanese everyday 🙂

Latest posts

Back