How to Use a Laundry Bar?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you MrsZ for sharing the recipe,I have couple of questions. I normally use fresh lemon juice instead of Citric acid.. Q1 . at what stage will I add citric acid.? Can I use lemon juice instead of water ,to make the juice and lye solution. If not, then how do I add lemon juice ( I know the fact that only the juice has to be used, and not the lemon fiber)

I would like to go ahead with your receipe I.e 100 co plus 2% citric acid. Lovelygreen is using Soywax, I dont have that ingredient as of now.

Thank you MrsZ for sharing the recipe,I have couple of questions. I normally use fresh lemon juice instead of Citric acid.. Q1 . at what stage will I add citric acid.? Can I use lemon juice instead of water ,to make the juice and lye solution. If not, then how do I add lemon juice ( I know the fact that only the juice has to be used, and not the lemon fiber)

I would like to go ahead with your receipe I.e 100 co plus 2% citric acid. Lovelygreen is using Soywax, I dont have that ingredient as of now.
I am pretty new at this, and have never used lemon juice myself. I highly recommend reading this article by DeeAnna about citric acid. She explains how and when to add it. She also tells how to use lemon juice. Citric acid, Citrus juice | Soapy Stuff

I think that this article will help you more than I can. :)

Also, if you don't already know, coconut gets hot and can be prone to cracking. It also hardens VERY quickly, so you need to be ready to cut it a couple hours after pouring, if you use a loaf mold. Mine was ready to cut 1.75 hrs after I poured it.

I hope that it works well for you! :)

I only use washing soda, mixed with my grated bar, 50/50. I do add citric acid in my bar recipe, that is supposed to help with rinsing/soap scum.
Corrine, Would you mind sharing your recipe with the amount of citic acid to grams of coconut and washing soda? And what is washing soda? I haven’t heard of it. Thank you.

Back