How to store cold processed soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I store mine in baseball card boxes once fully cured if I need my shelf space. Even once wrapped and labeled I store them in the boxes to transport to shows.

Depending where you are in India you'll have to make sure the cured soap won't be in humid conditions because they will sweat.

I do store them in cardboard shoe boxes when I need space, otherwise they're in open shelves. I stack the boxes perpendicular to each other coz I don't cover them - I now have a dehumidifier on everything - and I used to have a fan constantly on them. I've used silica gel packets and raw rice in the boxes to help the fan haha

I previously still had problems with sweating so I needed to keep checking them and blotting them. They get sticky with what looks like solidified water droplets when I don't - I let one bar sweat like crazy without wiping it so this if from experience.

Use the search, you'll find many threads on how to store soap.

I just had my husband install a floor to ceiling rack in the garage to hold my soap. It was supposed to hang on the back of the door to the garage, but I didn’t account for it being an exterior door. I have about a hundred boxes of soap in it and space for another 100. But I’m almost out of boxes, so I have lined a few of the rack with freezer paper and will put soap on it. Since the boxes are made from paper (thin cardboard), they are still porous enough to allow my soaps to breathe.

Depending where you are in India you'll have to make sure the cured soap won't be in humid conditions because they will sweat.

I do store them in cardboard shoe boxes when I need space, otherwise they're in open shelves. I stack the boxes perpendicular to each other coz I don't cover them - I now have a dehumidifier on everything - and I used to have a fan constantly on them. I've used silica gel packets and raw rice in the boxes to help the fan haha

I previously still had problems with sweating so I needed to keep checking them and blotting them. They get sticky with what looks like solidified water droplets when I don't - I let one bar sweat like crazy without wiping it so this if from experience.

Use the search, you'll find many threads on how to store soap.
thanx dawni

Back