How to sterilize BB jars at home?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Floor clean

Yup, what BattleGnome said. I've got three dogs. They drink and drip water and dog slime all over the place. If I spill something, I've got dogs fighting to "clean" it up before I can get a paper towel over there. So, no matter what I use, I never feel like my floors are really clean, even after cleaning them. I can't use bleach because it gives me a migraine. I use Mr Clean on the floors and Mean Green on the counter tops and rinse well. I was thinking of getting one of those steam floor sanitizers, but if there's a easier solution (pun intended) I'd rather go with that. And if it doubles as a sanitizer for my soaping stuffs, wahoo!

I have a gorge-and barf cat also. The little dears also like to pick up big chunks of wet food from the bowl, drop them on the floor and eat from there. They're cats, why ask why?

You're in luck- I already have! :) The recipes that I use for both are in this thread here, but make sure to scroll forward to post #13 if you want the recipe and instructions for genuine clotted cream (i.e., as opposed to the recipe/instructions' I posted in post #1 for my faux clotted cream experiment).

And for a really good gluten-free version of my scones, scroll forward to post #33 in the same thread.

Also, if you scroll forward to post #35, you'll see a pic of the quality and yield of clotted cream I'm able to get by using Trader Joe's house brand of Organic Heavy Whipping Cream...stocked in their refrigerated section. I specify that because they also sell an irradiated, non-refrigerated one in their regular aisles (don't use that one for clotted cream).

Anyway, the ingredients listed on the refrigerated one that I like to use are only "Organic Grade A Pasteurized Heavy Cream". There are no other ingredients listed, and it makes the best clotted cream and gives me the most yield out of all the different creams I have tried using.

IrishLass :)

Thank you IL for the link and the recipes, they look very delicious .

Latest posts

Back