How to scale up bubble bar batches?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froggybean37

Reaction score
Hi soapy friends!

I'm having a hard time scaling up my bubble bar batches - they get hard too quickly before I'm able to scoop them all out when I make a bigger batch which should be for around 70 of them - has anyone successfully scaled up their batches? What did you tweak? (Not looking for recipes, of course, just ideas of how you were able to make yours work in bigger batches).

Thanks so much!

Without knowing your recipe, it is hard to give good advice. If you are using butters in your recipe, try keeping the mixture warm while scooping them out. Divide the mixed bars into 2 or 3 parts and keep part of the mixture in a covered container, in a warm oven until needed. The alternative may be smooth out the mixture into a rectangle, (use parchment paper and a rolling pin), and roll up like a jelly roll. You can then slice the roll into portions, which would be faster than scooping out portions.

The oven may dry the mixture out. I would suggest adjusting the glycerine to keep the larger batch size more pliable. When I scaled up I had a similar issue. I reached out to TWH (whose recipe I had purchased) and their suggestion was to increase glycerine. It was a bit of an experiment yet to find the right increase for glycerine, but it's not much overall, so start with small increases such as 5%.

Back