How to Package Round Soaps - no shrinkwrap`

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandolyn

Reaction score
I don't do shrinkwrap or other plastic packaging. Is there another way to package round soaps that looks good?

I've seen them wrapped in paper that was so perfectly pleated all the way around. Is there a machine to do that?

How 'bout the old standby - round basket coffee filters? White or brown

Also, if you want to try pleating yourself, there is a "yo-yo" cutter in the quilting section. Cuts perfect circles

I have some of those - got them from a hotel. Can't help you on your answer though. Hope someone else can.

you need to find something just slightly larger in diamater then your soap, like a roll of duct tape or masking tape or just a tube cut about an inch taller then your soap. place the roll on your work surface place the coffee filter or paper inside the roll, place soap in roll on top of paper and gather paper edges to middle of soap. if the paper is pliable enough this should give nice even pleats. place a round label on top of the pleats to hold them down.

Birdie & Barb - So neat....thanks!! Filed away in my notes. :D

Digit

Barb said:
you need to find something just slightly larger in diamater then your soap, like a roll of duct tape or masking tape or just a tube cut about an inch taller then your soap. place the roll on your work surface place the coffee filter or paper inside the roll, place soap in roll on top of paper and gather paper edges to middle of soap. if the paper is pliable enough this should give nice even pleats. place a round label on top of the pleats to hold them down.

Thanks ever so much, Barb! I'll give it a try this evening.

Ok!! I tried the coffee filters & found a roll of tape the exact size I needed. Worked perfectly.

I'm testing different types of paper now.

Thanks again!! :D

Barb said:
place a round label on top of the pleats to hold them down.

An embossed foil circle would certainly lend your presentation an elegant touch.

Digit

mandolyn said:
I would be interested in any feed back you may have on how the different types of paper behave.

Chay said:
mandolyn said:
I would be interested in any feed back you may have on how the different types of paper behave.

Sure! I'm still testing, but here's some of what I tried:

Tissue wrapping paper is a maybe if you get the double sided type, but is still a bit fragile.

Regular wrapping paper did not work with the tape roll I had, it would need a larger opening. It's a bit too stiff.

More to come.

Back