Quantcast

How to Package Round Soaps - no shrinkwrap`

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

mandolyn

Reaction score
I don't do shrinkwrap or other plastic packaging. Is there another way to package round soaps that looks good?

I've seen them wrapped in paper that was so perfectly pleated all the way around. Is there a machine to do that?

Birdie

Reaction score
How 'bout the old standby - round basket coffee filters? White or brown

Also, if you want to try pleating yourself, there is a "yo-yo" cutter in the quilting section. Cuts perfect circles

Godiva

Reaction score
I have some of those - got them from a hotel. Can't help you on your answer though. Hope someone else can.

Barb

Reaction score
you need to find something just slightly larger in diamater then your soap, like a roll of duct tape or masking tape or just a tube cut about an inch taller then your soap. place the roll on your work surface place the coffee filter or paper inside the roll, place soap in roll on top of paper and gather paper edges to middle of soap. if the paper is pliable enough this should give nice even pleats. place a round label on top of the pleats to hold them down.

digit

Reaction score
Birdie & Barb - So neat....thanks!! Filed away in my notes. :D

Digit

mandolyn

Reaction score
Barb said:
you need to find something just slightly larger in diamater then your soap, like a roll of duct tape or masking tape or just a tube cut about an inch taller then your soap. place the roll on your work surface place the coffee filter or paper inside the roll, place soap in roll on top of paper and gather paper edges to middle of soap. if the paper is pliable enough this should give nice even pleats. place a round label on top of the pleats to hold them down.
Thanks ever so much, Barb! I'll give it a try this evening.

mandolyn

Reaction score
Ok!! I tried the coffee filters & found a roll of tape the exact size I needed. Worked perfectly.

I'm testing different types of paper now.

Thanks again!! :D

digit

Reaction score
Barb said:
place a round label on top of the pleats to hold them down.
An embossed foil circle would certainly lend your presentation an elegant touch.

Digit

Chay

Reaction score
mandolyn said:
I would be interested in any feed back you may have on how the different types of paper behave.

mandolyn

Reaction score
Chay said:
mandolyn said:
I would be interested in any feed back you may have on how the different types of paper behave.
Sure! I'm still testing, but here's some of what I tried:

Tissue wrapping paper is a maybe if you get the double sided type, but is still a bit fragile.

Regular wrapping paper did not work with the tape roll I had, it would need a larger opening. It's a bit too stiff.

More to come.