How to package a hand lotion bar?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mare61

Reaction score
Hi
I found a recipe for a hand lotion bar. Since I have to order some of the ingredients I was also looking into packaging. Does anybody make something like this and what do you use. I was thinking either a organza bag (would it be messy) or a tin. Any suggestions??

Thanks

Yes, a bag will be terribly messy! I have seen them in tins quite a bit. When I make them, I pour them into push up or twist up tubes so there is no mess. Deodorant (oval) containers are available & so are round tubes in clear or white. Tubes are an extra expense but well worth it I think. You could just wrap them in colored foil & let your customers figure out the logistics of storing them once unwrapped.

It can get so costly with tins, and bottles and tubes...

I do one right now in a deodarant tube, and will continue...but I think if I make another one it will be in some sort of paper...I was thinking of using something like parchment paper with a label to tape it, and letting them figure out what to do with it after (like Tabitha said)!

I mold them & then put them into tins. I like to give my customers packaging they can re-use.

Thank you for all the good ideas.

I decided to buy some tins. Like mandolyn said it's nice to use something re-usable.

Here's my idea that I'm going to try out as soon as my MMS order comes in next week...

Plastic clamshell soap containers. Fill the container with the lotion bar mixture and then close it up. Just advise your customers to pop it in the freezer for a minute or two to help it come out of the package easier. Then they can reuse the container repeatedly and no messy goo all over the place! I think it would work especially well in warmer climates because the lotion bar could melt down into the mold again and again (until it gets too thin...)

Anyway, I'm excited to try it out and I'll post my results!

:D

Did you buy the clamshells yet???? If you find some let us know.

Thanks

Back