• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

How to Make & Sell Soap Legally in Canada

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindy

Soap Diva Queen
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) DISCLAIMER: SMF is not responsible for any sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other transactions between members. All parties enter into transactions at their own will/risk.

I am going to offering workshops in a couple of categories to help soapmakers understand what our regulations are in Canada.

These workshops will be held via an on-line training platform and I will have a max of 5 people per workshop which will allow everyone to be able to ask questions as we go through everything. You will receive workshop training material prior to the class and the workshop will be for a minimum of 2 hours.

Cost is $50 .00 and there are no taxes applied to this.

How to complete the Cosmetic Notification Form

This workshop will help you understand what is needed to complete these forms which can seem so intimidating. We will go through how to fill this out step by step and we will use an actual recipe so you can see how the ingredients are figured out. We will go through some of the regulations so you will have a better and more comfortable feel to stay in compliance with our regulations by Health Canada.

How to label legally in Canada

Labels can be intimidating here in Canada as we do have specific regulations as to how to lay out our labels, what is required on them, plus we are a Bi-Lingual country and we have laws there too. This workshop will walk you through what needs to be on your labels, placement and claims. If you plan on selling your product via the internet across Canada you need to understand what is required. We will also touch on what large chains are looking for with regards to packaging and labels as well.

If you are interested please click HERE which will take you to the sign-up site.

hello looks good i was wanding where abouts these workshops take place or are they online workshops

thanks rob

1) DISCLAIMER: SMF is not responsible for any sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other transactions between members. All parties enter into transactions at their own will/risk.

I am going to offering workshops in a couple of categories to help soapmakers understand what our regulations are in Canada.

These workshops will be held via an on-line training platform and I will have a max of 5 people per workshop which will allow everyone to be able to ask questions as we go through everything. You will receive workshop training material prior to the class and the workshop will be for a minimum of 2 hours.

Cost is $50 .00 and there are no taxes applied to this.

How to complete the Cosmetic Notification Form

This workshop will help you understand what is needed to complete these forms which can seem so intimidating. We will go through how to fill this out step by step and we will use an actual recipe so you can see how the ingredients are figured out. We will go through some of the regulations so you will have a better and more comfortable feel to stay in compliance with our regulations by Health Canada.

How to label legally in Canada

Labels can be intimidating here in Canada as we do have specific regulations as to how to lay out our labels, what is required on them, plus we are a Bi-Lingual country and we have laws there too. This workshop will walk you through what needs to be on your labels, placement and claims. If you plan on selling your product via the internet across Canada you need to understand what is required. We will also touch on what large chains are looking for with regards to packaging and labels as well.

If you are interested please click HERE which will take you to the sign-up site.
I realize this thread is 10 years old. Is this still a thing? I currently make soap for friends, coworkers and family but am considering bumping up my soap game. Does anyone from Canada have insight into the hows, wheres and whats it takes to sell LEAGALLY in Canada. I'm sure there are more than a few soap makers who do it this way. Secondly, are the laws all applicable if you're just selling at farmer's markets, or helping out charities with supplying product donations for charity auctions etc? I've heard things are different if you do it in farmer's markets, as the "market" carries its own kind of coverage and carries the responsibility. I'd love to hear from anyone who sells their soap, even if it's to family and friends for what is costs to make it, or commercially for business. Feel free to send me a personal message if you don't want to talk about it in the thread.

I realize this thread is 10 years old. Is this still a thing? I currently make soap for friends, coworkers and family but am considering bumping up my soap game. Does anyone from Canada have insight into the hows, wheres and whats it takes to sell LEAGALLY in Canada. I'm sure there are more than a few soap makers who do it this way. Secondly, are the laws all applicable if you're just selling at farmer's markets, or helping out charities with supplying product donations for charity auctions etc? I've heard things are different if you do it in farmer's markets, as the "market" carries its own kind of coverage and carries the responsibility. I'd love to hear from anyone who sells their soap, even if it's to family and friends for what is costs to make it, or commercially for business. Feel free to send me a personal message if you don't want to talk about it in the thread.
Lindy has left smf a long time ago, so no answers from her. As this thread is 10 yrs old you would be better to start a new thread and ask your questions and get current information from members that are here now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back