How to make de fish soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reesedog914

Reaction score
Friend of mine is in the fishing industry and would love a bar of soap that gets rid of that fishy smell and really works. What are some ingredients that would accomplish this task?

Maybe a bit of activated charcoal, citrus or eucalyptus EO or FO, salt bar, or something scrubby in the actual bar, like ground walnut shells etc.
Those are just ideas.
I have a large fish tank and often when cleaning have my arms up to sholders in fishy smelling water. My arms smell really funky afterwards and it's hard to get rid off the smell only after one shower. I can imagine how it is while working with fish all the time.

Thanks Guys. With your help and information I have the idea for the perfect fisherman's Soap!

I work with fish. If I wanted to make a super duper anti fish yack bar, I would: make it a salt bar (because all the cleansing coconut oil), definitely with Anise EO, maybe some lemongrass, mint or 10X orange EO too, probably some coffee grounds or pumice for extra scrubbiness and perhaps some AC powder as well.

I think Ill try this one :)

I make a sugar scrub that's good for removing odors. Lemon essential oil is great at neutralizing stinky smells. I'm just not sure if that property would survive the lye monster.

I ordered the anise EO. So i'm thinking Anise EO with peppermint and lemon grass combined with pumice/activated charcoal and rose koalin clay.

In Louisiana, we have a lot of shrimpers and fisherman. Lemon works good at getting fishy smells off your hands

File Attached !. Ingredients Anise EO Lemon EO Orange EO grinded anise star coffee grinds activated charcoal

FullSizeRender.jpg

It smells just like a pitzel if you have ever had one of them. Sort of like black licorice. My girlfriend really likes the smell and it is her favorite. I don't mind the smell but really the soap has one job to do and that's remove terrible fish smells which I hope it does.

And I haven't tested it at all yet. but when I get some feedback and have tested it ill drop by on this link again.

Back