How to make antiperspirant?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christianbeauty

Reaction score
My girlfriend suffers from sweat stains when she is doing daily activities.
She stopped using store brand Deodarants or antiperspirants. She tried using the natural deodorant called the crystal...that does not really work.

Is thee any natural formula out there to help create a deodorant/antiperspirant that will help eliminate sweat stains and keep her smelling fresh all day?

I may be wrong, but I think when you get into antiperspirants you have entered the "drug" realm, vs a deodorant which would be a cosmetic.

Has she seen a doctor. Some people who sweat profusely may have a medical condition. There are prescription deodorants that may help her.

here's one in Rainbow Meadow Recipes, never tried it so don't know what it's like......

Deodorant Bar

CREATED BY: Rainbow Meadow

The essential oils chosen here create a heavenly, woody, clean scent. All are reputed to have a deodorizing effect. Cedarwood and Sandalwood are other of our essential oils with such qualities, and can be blended with or substituted for part of the chosen essential oils in this recipe.

Beeswax Beads, Natural 1.5 Ounces
Cocoa Butter, Deodorized 0.5 Ounce
Coconut Oil, 76 Degree 1 Ounce
Coriander Essential Oil 4 Drops
Cypress Essential Oil 4 Drops
Rosewood Essential Oil 10 Drops
Spanish Sage Essential Oil 4 Drops

Melt beeswax and cocoa butter. Remove from heat and add coconut oil. Stir until melted. Allow to cool but mixture should still be warm and pourable. Add essential oils and pour into deodorant container.

I would go further and add bicarbonate of soda & tapioca starch to that blend. My recipe is fairly good, but not great on really hot days or working outside. Just a general day at work it seems to work fine. I use:

wax (of your choice)
cocoabutter
oil (of your choice)
essential oils blend
bicarb
tapioca

can't remember the exact recipe, as it is at home, but this should give you something to be getting on with!

Latest posts

Back