How to make a batch of WBB and use different EO's

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmarvel

Reaction score
I want to make a batch of WBB this weekend but use different scents.

I am filling 4 oz jelly jars. How many drops of EO do I use for each jar?? I want to make 3 orange, 3 lemongrass, 2 cedarwood and 2 juniper berry jars.

I use no more than 1% scent. In fact, my lavender has to be 0.5% as it is just too strong at 1%. As I said in the other thread, working in volumes is just not a good idea. Taking the time to convert pays out in the long run.

If WBB means 'whipped body butter' then you would have to whip it again in the jars if you add scent which I would say is impractical.

I agree with Craig. I generally don't go above 1%. However, with citrus you may need a bit more. I ususally make a large batch and separate it out for different scents. For your Orange I would put about 15 oz in a bowl and add my fragrance (by weight) then whip it and place it into the jars. It will totally depend on how whipped your butter is as to how much you will need to fill the jar. I use 4 oz jars and it varies. You may have extra is all.

Back