How to increase customer through websites?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Effy....you really need to promote your site. Via Pintrest, facebook, business cards, blogs etc. Mine isn't very active either but I haven't put a lot of effort into promoting it. I mostly get repeat customers through my site.

The other ways to promote your website is to keep the information current and change your product, adding to it regularly. Then there are the SEO tools available right on your site as you build it. Using metatags which are available on each page, you can get the interest of the different search engines (SEO = search engine optimization). Use keywords that describe your page and what you are talking about on there. Use keywords that describe your product as well as your business. Location can be a keyword. Keep these refreshed on a weekly or at least monthly basis so the search engines are finding new material on your site. It's why there are businesses that sell SEO services because this is a fair amount of work. But it does help bring your site closer to the first page.

Please suggest me for cosmetics products...

now that is what you call a broad question. I would say you need to find what works best for you. I know we hear that alot but it is so true. We learned from experience. For example when we started people were telling us to use twitter, pinterest, facebook, seo. But what we found was that the bulk of our sales were coming from facebook where we could give each customer one-on-one attention thru instant messaging. We almost always had a sale once we could speak with them. So I would say...focus in social media where you can connect individual with potential customers and show them how great your customer service is. Also, be an authority on your product. Know which products are best for which people. Soon you will gain their trust and then they become repeat business which is cheaper than anything else in marketing world.

Change Things Up often

I just recently started my own business and have setup a web page using Weebly and I like their sight as it tracks how often I get hits and even what products people are viewing the most. I find at least so far I need to update the webpage as often as practical. Every time I make an update and it posts to Facebook I see my hits go up quite a bit so I try to come up with ideas. I just finished one yesterday as I ran a New Soap contest to have people send in what new scent of soap they would like me to make in then at the end of the contest draw one name and they would win some free soap. I am still very new to this so would love to hear other ideas also.

I've read that you can have the most amazing website there is, but it's comperable to a billboard in the desert, if no one sees it! You have to constantly promote your site in order to be seen. Brick and Mortar stores have the same consideration, what to do to be found!
They've given you some really worthwhile things to try, they're good ones!

Good luck to you!

Back