How to get my CP soap WHITE

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you need to use more Titanium Dioxide, but we would need to see a recipe with exact oils and amounts, including all additives and the process you use when you make it.

What are you using to scent the soap? Some fragrance and essential oils can also discolor.

Organic Olive, Organic Coconut, Palm, Castor oils, Sodium Hydroxide, Water, Heavy Cream, Fragrance - if the fragrance colour is not clear I'm guessing that could be a culprit?
I have had similar issues with my coconut milk soap scented with lemongrass essential oil.

I was wondering if it was the olive oil?

I think it might be the cream or it could be the FO.

Cream really isn't true white. And when it comes into contact with lye it will often get a yellow color.

And yes, a FO that isn't clear can tint the batter. But even a clear FO, if it contains vanillin, it will start to turn brown as it oxidizes.

Orange and patchouli are very orangey in color, and that will show up without enough TD to offset it.

lemongrass EO will tint soap yellow. Is your OO virgin or very green colored? For soap, you really want to use just plain OO, it makes white soap.

I think it might be the cream or it could be the FO.

Cream really isn't true white. And when it comes into contact with lye it will often get a yellow color.

And yes, a FO that isn't clear can tint the batter. But even a clear FO, if it contains vanillin, it will start to turn brown as it oxidizes.

Orange and patchouli are very orangey in color, and that will show up without enough TD to offset it.

Thank you! I will keep trying and make notes from everyone's comments!

Latest posts

Back