how to frangrance soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jhonny_boy

Reaction score
i just made my first batch of soap with lard,olive oil and vegetable oil only problem was it smelt absolutely disgusting

i even put a few table spoons of lemon juice+honey, but still it's smells foul

how can i make it smell somewhat nice?

thanks

You can add either fragrance oils or essential oils that are soap safe.

Jhonny_boy said:
and where would i get these oils from?

Just do a Google search for "soap fragrance oils" and you'll get a ton of sites. I like Tony's Fragrance Oils ( www.tonysfragranceoils.com/ )! That is one of my personal favorites, but there are literaly over 100 places on the net to by FO's or EO's! It's not hard to find them for sure! :)

Paul... :) :wink:

Soapmaker Man said:
Jhonny_boy":2at3ba4g]and where would i get these oils from?[/quote] Just do a Google search for "soap fragrance oils" and you'll get a ton of sites. I like Tony's Fragrance Oils ( [url="http://www.tonysfragranceoils.com/ said:
www.tonysfragranceoils.com/[/url] )! That is one of my personal favorites, but there are literaly over 100 places on the net to by FO's or EO's! It's not hard to find them for sure! :)

Paul... :) :wink:[/quote:2at3ba4g]
cool thanks dude

Dont forget its about .7 - 1oz Per Pound of Oils for Fragrance and Essential oils for soap

thanks for your help so far.

can i use perfume? it's just i have a market near that sells bulk perfumes, could i use these?

No, you can not use perfume. Perfume is probably 75% perfumer's alcohol & just 25% fragrance oil. You want straigt fragrance oil w/o the alcohol. I do not know what alcohol does to soap to be exact, but it is a very bad thing from what I have heard over the years.

how to fragrance soap

You absolutely must use skin safe oils. Unless you know for sure that your oil has not been cut or diluted and is stated to be skin safe by the supplier or manufacturer, please do not use it in soap. You don't know how it will react to the chemical process you are doing with the soap making and you could give someone a big time rash or worse!!
Patricia

Incense oils are not skin safe. There are a few out there that I would love to use, but unfortunately someone would fall over dead if I did :)

Just remember that when you are ordering FO's or EO's you will want to get a small amount to start out with, or you can do what Paul does...

GET SNIFFIES!!!!!! ahahahahahahahahh

Love my "sniffies!" Tony's Fragrance oil Co sends out "sniffies" to you. They charge $5.00 if you don't order anything else, but send you a $5.00 coupon too use on your order! Tony's is a great supplier.

Paul.... :) :wink:

Latest posts

Back