how to fix it

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunaSkye

Reaction score
Somewhere in this crazy world of ours! ^_^
I tried to remove my 1 week old soap from the mold and it resulted in a big hole, exposing greenish liquid that did not zap. It is basically an olive soap that was made with 100% soft oils. Was I was too hasty in trying to remove it?

My 100% olive oil soaps were ready to unmold and cut after 24 hours. I did use a 40% lye solution on one and 33% on the other. Yours sounds like separation to me, but I don't know much.

I guess I should go with a partial seperation: Part of it was still solid while most of it was too gooey in a middle. I cut the solid parts and rebatched the rest of the soap. However, I did this before I realized that there was responses so the soap is in a new mold. I'll just make a experiment out of this experience.

Thank you all for the responses. I will definitely remember to HP instead of rebatching next time.

I would rebatch all of it.. not just part of it. Will keep the ingredients in check and make sure no part is too lye heavy.

I have been rebatching for the past three hours and the consistancy looks a lot like gum. It was only until the last time did that soap looked like it made it to the gel phase. Is this what I'm suppose to wait for or is it getting too hot? I already mentioned earlier that it did not zap me prior to rebatching so I'm confused.

You aren't looking for gel when you rebatch, just cook enough to melt all the chunks down and get everything mixed together really well.

Did you add any extra water? If it really thick and dry, you can add a ounce or two of water and see if that helps any. It should be thick though, like sticky oatmeal.

Sorry for the late reply. By now it's too late to post pics (plus I can't find my camera), but I can give an update on the soap bars. They are soft for a bar, but the loaf definitely popped out of the mold much easier than before the rebatch. I currently have them in my room for curing.

Latest posts

Back