How to enhance scent in body butter?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dblondi03

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
so I started making body butters
Everyone who works with me at my regular 9-5 job tried my body butters and like them, however, I add a lot of fragrance oil/ essential oil to get that yummy scent when lid is opened
But! Once you apply to your skin, less than 5 minutes the scent disappears
They were kind enough to give me the good and bad news and I really want to fix it
I heard today about natrasorb, has anyone tried it before? And or anyone has a different formula for the scent?

thanks!!

Hi everyone!
so I started making body butters
Everyone who works with me at my regular 9-5 job tried my body butters and like them, however, I add a lot of fragrance oil/ essential oil to get that yummy scent when lid is opened
But! Once you apply to your skin, less than 5 minutes the scent disappears
They were kind enough to give me the good and bad news and I really want to fix it
I heard today about natrasorb, has anyone tried it before? And or anyone has a different formula for the scent?

thanks!!
I don't think I would be inclined to add natrasotb in body butter. But, a chelating agent should help enhance your scent a little bit. Making sure you add scent in cool down staadģ5

There are limitations on how much fragrance oil or essential oil you use in leave in products and in cream I'd not use over 1.5% of a very diluted scent.

But EOs need a top, a middle and a base note to give them more staying power but you won't get a long lasting scent with EOs.

It sounds like your fragrance has a lot of top notes that disappear quickly but not enough mid and base notes to stick around a bit longer.

You might need to look for a different fragrance or blend your current fragrance with another fragrance.

Also if you are using large amounts of fragrance it may be olfactory fatigue (nose blindness) rather than an actual reduction in fragrance.

You might also consider that your sense of smell becomes used to a fragrance after a couple of hours on the skin. You may not notice the scent, but others may well notice it.

Back