How Soap Kills COVID

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was scrolling LinkedIn and came across this graphic. I worked at Mayo Clinic for many years and trust them (circumstances allowing I’d go back to work there in a millisecond!). I thought some of you might enjoy it.
B89AB69E-2DB1-4F40-903A-142EA13E010B.jpeg

I’ve been exposed to someone who tested positive for Covid. Thanks for the graphic, @VikingChick , I’ll be sharing it. Came on here this morning to search whether it’s safe to make soap if I have Covid. So much for my travel plans this month. I have mild sore throat, sneezing, mild headache. Will be testing to find out for sure as soon as the pharmacy opens today.

I’ve been exposed to someone who tested positive for Covid. Thanks for the graphic, @VikingChick , I’ll be sharing it. Came on here this morning to search whether it’s safe to make soap if I have Covid. So much for my travel plans this month. I have mild sore throat, sneezing, mild headache. Will be testing to find out for sure as soon as the pharmacy opens today.
I hope you test negative, but if not you can look into taking Paxlovid since you will find out early. I think it helped when hubby and I had covid. He had no symptoms at all, and I tested negative after 5 days.

I hope you test negative, but if not you can look into taking Paxlovid since you will find out early. I think it helped when hubby and I had covid. He had no symptoms at all, and I tested negative after 5 days.
Thanks, @dibbles ! I did test negative today. Exposure was last Thursday, so I'm isolating and retesting the next couple days. Hoping I don't have to cancel my trip.

@VikingChick, thanks for sharing!!! @MomInWA, I got hit with Covid and then my wife. We think we got it from our 11 year old son who had almost no symptoms and picked it up from a sick friend at school! I took Paxlovid which worked, but unfortunately I had such a high viral count that after the 5 day dosage I still had Covid in my system and had a small relapse (rebound effect). Doctor offered me a second round of Paxlovid, but decided to let my body do what it needed to do since it wasn't as bad. Hope you continue to stay well!!!

I have mild sore throat, sneezing, mild headache. Will be testing to find out for sure as soon as the pharmacy opens today.
I had 12 symptoms of COVID in March 2020, including sore throat. When I called the HELP line, I got an ER doctor. Since I wasn't short of breath, I didn't need to go to the ER. He told me to "Isolate, hydrate, REST, and treat it like a cold. For the sore throat, he recommended gargling with warm salt water. Worked like a charm! I was not vaccinated. I never tested positive.

Unfortunately, it lasted for 2 months. After that, I had about 5 episodes a year, each lasting less time until it came down to only 3-4 days in 2021 and 2022. The key symptom of onset was a temp of 99°. My PCP had 5 patients like me, all with the same symptoms and temp. She didn't know what to make of it. Now we know the condition is called "long COVID".

"Treating it like a cold" is key. I took Alka Seltzer Plus for Colds and Flu. It stopped the sneezing, dry cough, stuffy nose and helped me to sleep uninterrupted through the night so my body could repair itself.

HTH

I had 12 symptoms of COVID in March 2020, including sore throat. When I called the HELP line, I got an ER doctor. Since I wasn't short of breath, I didn't need to go to the ER. He told me to "Isolate, hydrate, REST, and treat it like a cold. For the sore throat, he recommended gargling with warm salt water. Worked like a charm! I was not vaccinated. I never tested positive.

Unfortunately, it lasted for 2 months. After that, I had about 5 episodes a year, each lasting less time until it came down to only 3-4 days in 2021 and 2022. The key symptom of onset was a temp of 99°. My PCP had 5 patients like me, all with the same symptoms and temp. She didn't know what to make of it. Now we know the condition is called "long COVID".

"Treating it like a cold" is key. I took Alka Seltzer Plus for Colds and Flu. It stopped the sneezing, dry cough, stuffy nose and helped me to sleep uninterrupted through the night so my body could repair itself.

HTH
I've already had it twice, even though I've had three shots...the first two and then the booster. I appreciate the vote of sympathy. I got it the last time January '22, so it's been a minute. Very mild symptoms this time. I'm isolating, testing, and canceling all of my fun plans. It is what it is. :rolleyes:

On the plus side, this frees up my schedule to make SOAP! Lemons or lemonade, it's all perspective eh? 😆

Besides! Maybe it's just allergies or a regular mild cold. No fever, just mild sneezy/runny nose/sore throat. For me, the telltale sign is my taste gets wonky. I do feel that, but so mild I wonder if I'm just being paranoid. Anyway, I'm the Mom so I set a good example and stay home, angrily washing my hands...with nice soap I made...and hey maybe it's not so bad after all!

@VikingChick, thanks for sharing!!! @MomInWA, I got hit with Covid and then my wife. We think we got it from our 11 year old son who had almost no symptoms and picked it up from a sick friend at school! I took Paxlovid which worked, but unfortunately I had such a high viral count that after the 5 day dosage I still had Covid in my system and had a small relapse (rebound effect). Doctor offered me a second round of Paxlovid, but decided to let my body do what it needed to do since it wasn't as bad. Hope you continue to stay well!!!
I'm a big fan of allowing the process to naturally occur. To a point, I guess. But agree, mostly I will just let it run its course. le sighs

We had an influx of cold here in the PNW. It triggered my covid symptoms yesterday. I don't think I have covid again, just the symptoms. Hunkered down at home...yet again...and so tired, but really bored.

@VikingChick, This pic is only showing the COVID virus outside the body. Once the virus is IN the body (nose, throat, lungs...) soap will be useless, unless one will be washing nasal cavity and rinsing the throat with the soap. And most of the time the virus is getting into nose/throat/lungs while we are breathing, so it bypasses all the surfaces that can be washed with soap.
Hope everybody will get well soon.

@VikingChick, This pic is only showing the COVID virus outside the body. Once the virus is IN the body (nose, throat, lungs...) soap will be useless, unless one will be washing nasal cavity and rinsing the throat with the soap. And most of the time the virus is getting into nose/throat/lungs while we are breathing, so it bypasses all the surfaces that can be washed with soap.
Hope everybody will get well soon.
True, but the point of the graphic is more about handwashing than anything taken internally.

We had an influx of cold here in the PNW. It triggered my covid symptoms yesterday. I don't think I have covid again, just the symptoms. Hunkered down at home...yet again...and so tired, but really bored.
Feel better soon!

Back