How much water in the end of liquid soap recipe.?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IDA

Reaction score
For ex, i have a recipe 200g coconut oil, 200g olivoil 200g lard?
In the end should i put 1200 water dubbel?

Weigh your final paste weight then start with half the amount of water. So if you have 500 grams of paste, add 250 grams of water. Slowly add more water until you get the paste completely dissolved and the viscosity you want. You'll probably end up using more water but 50% is a good starting point. With liquid soap things work a bit differently so don't calculate based on the oil weight you used, base it on the final paste weight. Keep good notes on the amount of water you add so it's a bit faster the next time you dilute. It'll still be a bit different but you'll have a good starting point.

Weigh your final paste weight then start with half the amount of water. So if you have 500 grams of paste, add 250 grams of water. Slowly add more water until you get the paste completely dissolved and the viscosity you want. You'll probably end up using more water but 50% is a good starting point. With liquid soap things work a bit differently so don't calculate based on the oil weight you used, base it on the final paste weight. Keep good notes on the amount of water you add so it's a bit faster the next time you dilute. It'll still be a bit different but you'll have a good starting point.

Thanks for the good info i will try to do that. Thanks again

Latest posts

Back