How much Soap did you make this weekend?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 batches! I gave away some of my first soaps made and had to replenish my stock! I did a coffee grounds soap, a small castile soap w/honey, a charcoal-tea tree oil-buttermilk powder and my first batch using avocado oil.

4 batches! I gave away some of my first soaps made and had to replenish my stock! I did a coffee grounds soap, a small castile soap w/honey, a charcoal-tea tree oil-buttermilk powder and my first batch using avocado oil.

Let me know what you think of your avocado oil batch. I've been using it lately in all of my soap and really like it. But I'd like to know what other people think of it before I start giving away some of my practice soap to friends and family. TIA

A 2 lb loaf that hasn't been cut yet. And a rebatch that made 6 bars (do rebatches count LOL).

plans for this weekend with my daughters include:
10# Goat Milk & Honey Soap
5# Cucumber Melon
5# Carmel Apple
5# Honey Almond
5# Beer Soap (made with homebrew beer I make)

Wow, I need to get with it! You soapers have been busy! I made a 3 lb batch of plain soap to replentish what I sold to the local antique store (for resale.) And I made another 3 lb batch of OMH -with goat's milk. But actually that was before the weekend. I also inventoried what soaps I have and looks like I need to make coffee soap, but am waiting for my chocolate expresso fo to arrive. What I really need to do is label soaps. And make out my other order. My one from Bramble Berry is on the way, but I still have not completed my one to WSP. I'm one of those STRANGE people who does not especially enjoy shopping!

That being said, I think I'll be brave and try a simple in the pot swirl. Guess it will be orange julep since I have orange and green lab colors and sweet orange and peppermint eos. Hope I do not end up with a muddy-looking mess!

72 additional bars of soap in preparation for a craft fair with my daughters. Also ordered a 10x10 canopy. I really need to get a portable generator and small 5000BTU air conditioner for the craft fair display tent. Florida is HOT in the summers!

Last edited:
And so it goes? Not bumping are you, Banker John!?? ROFL! I teach school and finally finished checking out yesterday, so I'm on a two-month weekend. Been weighing and labeling soap like a mad woman, and have one batch to go. Then before I start beveling and labeling the now-cured soaps, I'm gonna make a pet shampoo bar. Have my oils measured and my oats ground. Gonna add some rosemary tea and goat's milk, too.

My in the pot swirl turned out OK, but not great. Too much orange, no probably in too much soap batter, I think. The green hardly shows. But it is, at least, not ugly.

We plan to make 3 batches...
Batch 1) Unscented, uncolored soap
Batch 2) Lime/Grapefruit scent with colors of green, yellow and white
Batch 3) Apple Cinnamon scent with colors of Natural, light green, Red and specks of brown

The weather is beautiful here and rain has been filling up our streams- I'm not soaping, I'm hooking up the car rack and going kayaking!! Chattooga here I come.

Julie

Have a graduation party to go to so only time for 1 batch. My madder root infusion isn't ready yet so either I'm going to do an ITP swirls of Red (brick oxide) , orange (POP), with calendula infused oil (scent not chosen yet) or a walnut oil batch with black walnut powder for a pencil line (scent not chosen yet). Decisions, decisions........

just made a 10# batch of peaches and cream scented soap colored with orange and titanium Dioxide. Next few weeks will be making LOTS of soap to get ready for Christmas sales.

Back