How much Soap did you make this weekend?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not done yet! So far have done 2 batches, probably 18 bars. Have another in the works (my first thermal heat transfer) and hopefully a small castille, also a first- well, my first in 12 years. That will be another 9+5 bars, so 29 total.

I made 3 batches of 24 bars each. Total amount of 72 bars. The first was the best. The third took overnight to gel, probably due to additives.

3 batches, so far. 2 batches of what I was going to call Lemongrass Eucalyptus, however, the color turned from yellow turmeric to a very pretty swirly salmon, so I'm naming it "Wake-Up!" :) The other is Buttermilk Tea. Again, uses turmeric for color & it did stay yellow
I was determined to get a yellow soap! Oh, and using the Soapmaking 101 tutorial, made double recipe of vegan soap for laundry soap. Going to make both liquid & powder. Hubby has been making ours with Dawn, washing soda & borax. It's okay, but not convinced of its cleansing properties. Hope to get in a batch of salt soap tonight.

1. Don't know, it's my first time using a PVC mold and I haven't unmolded yet, but I'm going to guess 8-10.
2. One batch. Waiting for new fragrances/colorants to come in.
3. Coffee bean.
4. I didn't but I made coffee soap so I guess you could say brown.

Speaking of color- My castille turned out to be the prettiest yellow! I did not have much hope, since I used EVOO to infuse the calendula, and it still looked green when I weighed it to make the soap. It is in the mold now and amazingly pretty. Kind of a strange combo, though, since I scented it with lavender. ;)

1) How many bars did you make? 10 bars

2) How many batches did you make? 1 batch divided to test out some colors, molds and FO

3) What FO did you use? a fews bars with BB Relaxing and a couple with CC May Flowers

4) What Colors did you use? ITP blend of brown and yellow oxides and rosehip powder

48 bars
6 batches: chocolate, chocolate-orange, sweet silk, turmeric-charcoal and 2 charcoals
Of the 6 batches, 5 were special orders. First time I've really spent so long doing special orders. Would do another batch but I'm out of molds :crazy:

I was very busy this weekend with other things and only managed to make one batch of about 5-6 bars (haven't cut it yet). The scent is Bay Rum and it is uncolored mostly because Bay Rum has vanilla and I wasn't sure how dark it would turn out.

No soap this weekend for me. My son had emergency surgery on Wednesday. He's recovering now, & shared his cold with us. So between working, taking care of my son, babysitting my wonderful granddaughter, and coughing, I have been 'window shopping' for some colorants, and have a couple of shopping carts full of things I'd like to have. If I spent all the money for items I put in my shopping carts, well, I'd be selling a kidney on Craigslist ;)

2 batches
First: 18 bars of Lemongrass Fruit Smoothie (Lemongrass E/O, Pink and Blue colorant swirled, shea butter and cocoa butter)
second batch: 36 bars of Peaches and Cream (peach F/O, Peach Color and TD swirl, shea butter soap)

My daughters LOVE this and Dad really enjoys the quaity time with the Soap Kidz

I don't soap on the weekends at this time. I like to throw everyone out of the house when I make soap, and the weekends are too full of my family, "doing things."

I miss making my soap. I am six hours away from my home visiting my daughter and already have all kinds of ideas regarding my next batch. I would like to make a batch of extremely white soap with black swirls. Maybe even black top and bottom with swirls in center. I do need to buy black mica before I get started.

1- How many bars? 72
2- How many batches? 2
3- Any scents? Batch one was coffee soap w/ground cinnamon. (I abstain from EOs b/c they're expensive, they fade fast from CP soap, and some folks have reactions to 'em.) Batch two was plain white soap (Hippie moms and old men love this stuff. If I made soap for my own use exclusively, this'd be the only one I'd make. I guess I'm an old man.)
4- Colorants? Naw. I started making soap b/c I try to avoid stuff like this. The coffee soap is dark brown; plain coffee comes out a light brown, but the cinnamon darkens it up a lot.

Rob

How many bars?- 16
How many batches? 2
No scents. Still have to make a coffee infusion.
Coffee and titanium dioxide for colorants

Sigh. I only had enough supplies to make a single batch of 18 bars. No color. Decided to test out Peaks Magnolia. It moved like a roadrunner on steroids. Barely had time to plop that baby into the mold. Meep.. meep!

24 bars
3 batches
Forest Queen, with cacao powder, turmeric and annatto infused oil plus herbal tea infusion with ground tea, no added scent.
Chocolate, with cacao powder, butter and ground shells, no added scent.
Activated charcoal, black and white tiger stripe, no added scent.
Plus a rebatch of scaps that didn't work :(

Waiting almost patiently for my DH to bring me some fos and eos from the States before I soap again. He arrives today :lol:

Last edited:
Back