How much Soap did you make this weekend?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I knew how to post a picture on here... the Raspberry Swirl (pink, offwhite & chocolate colors with Raspberry FO with Cocoa Butter and Cocoa Powder for fragrances) we made on Sunday afternoon got sliced this afternoon and it turned out AMAZING. My daughters Friends/Family bought all 18 bars and we didn't even get to hold one back :(

1) How many bars did you make?12

2) How many batches did you make? 1

3) What FO did you use?Lemongrass

4) What Colors did you use?turmeric

I use the sunflower mold that someone posted on here awhile back, and then I thought I had to have it! So I put Chamomile buds in the bottom of the mold( which is the top of the flower) I also split the batter and put the turmeric in only the top half of the flower making the sunflower more yellow in color then the bottom of the soap! I then put the rest of the batter in 6 small individual bar molds ( which I bought at the same time I got the sunflower molds because I'm a sucker of advertising. Both of those molds were the first silicone molds I ever used.

1. 10
2. 1
3. OMH
4. Red, yellow, and brown oxides. I have such a limited supply of colors right now. Tried an ItP swirl, but I think i pulled out too much for the colors and didn't leave enough in the pot, so it may be more mixed than I'd like it. Still need to cut it tonight.

Alas no soap for me, however I did make a slab mold that will hold 25 pounds. Then I almost finished my loaf cutter, 20 inches long bars will be 1.25 inches thick.

A 4lb batch I haven't cut yet.
Just one
I used lemon grass and sweet orange eo
I added cocoa for the properties but love the coclor it turns. It was a bit darker too before I added the cocoa due to almond milk.

I'm afraid I won't be able to get any soap making done this weekend. School is almost out (17 more days with kiddos) and I'm so far behind on portfolios! They were ok to make when I didn't have a hobby, but now I wish I could throw them out and just make soap!! I'm up to December now, so I should be able to pretty much finish by the end of next week. Then I can work on awards for our last day ceremonies.

No more portfolios! Next year we will make a memory book at the end of the year and be done with it. What do 4/5 year olds care, anyway?

I actually have made soap already this weekend, but am not sure if I will be able to make more or not. It may turn out to be a busy weekend for me.

1 batch
40 bars
No scent; no dye.

(New soaper; not willing to waste my scents and dyes in case I botch a batch. Goodness forbid I waste the extra five bucks-ish lol)

That is a big batch of soap there! I am new and keep my batches mostly under 2 pounds in case I botch. Most colorants are fairly inexpensive and go a long way (at least oxides do). As for scents, that is actually the biggest expense for a lot of people in their soaps. it seems. I like nice scents though and am only making soaps without scents for friends who wish that or to check how things respond without a fragrance oil since some of them can effect color and such.

Haha it all fit in a cereal box I used lined with wax paper for the mold :) It was 5.75 pounds. Actually, scratch that. It was 5.25 pounds because when I went to cut it, I found a half pound of corn oil sitting on my scale. Oopsies. So I did what any reasonable person would do: Cut a chunk off and washed my hands with it. It didn't burn, and I have a lot of tiny cuts on my hands for work, so I think it's alright. But the bars are about 1 1/2" by 3", roughly 1/2" thick.
The essential oils I bought were pretty spendy, but I also got some scents from the (very) modest soap section at Hobby Lobby that were around $3 each.

1) 150 bars
2) 12 batches 6 on Saturday, 6 (hopefully!) on Sunday
3) Goat's Milk, Honey and Oatmeal no scent, Buttermilk, Carrot and Honey, no scent, 2 layers, natural coloring + paprika to boost the orange-ness of the carrot, 2 batches with Kaolin clay, 1 colored with pink clay, one yellow oxide, ItP swirls, no scent. Lavender scented soap with 2 purple swirls and either coffee or chai or green tea layer. 2 test batches (8 bars each) one green, one blue. Maybe one solid and the other ItP swirl--both are Sunday batches. Whew! I have gotten a lot of orders and I am running low in stock and contemplating more molds! (I think it would be a most excellent idea!)

1 batch
18 bars
Goat Milk and Honey
Orange E/O

Goat Milk Orange Honey Soap.jpg

Last edited:
That's a great picture Banker John!

3 batches
24 bars
Activated Charcoal: unscented, tiger stripe white on black
Chocolate Vanilla: cacao powder and butter, vanilla seeds, tried a swirl, we'll see if it worked tomorrow
Deja Vu: activated charcoal, spidersilk and oil infused with ylang ylang flowers. See if the swirl worked tomorrow. Swirling is new to me, and it's a very slight learning curve I seem to have :eh:

So for this weekend I actually had some supplies... and also some stress so it lead to soap making :)

1) 21-22 bars (I have not cut the last loaf yet, I plan to cut a slightly different size then I have been).
2) 4 batches (yes, I make small batches)
3) Country Garden, Juniper Breeze, Blackberry Sage, and Nag Champa
4) Alkanet Root Powder, Natural and Green Oxide ITP Swirl, Black Mica and Green Oxide Tiger Stripe, and Brown Oxide with Natural layer and red mica swirl on the top :)

My afternoon appointment was with a client that wanted to learn how to make soap. At her house, we made Beer Soap :) as a gift for her husband. Shhh, this will be a surprise for him!

4 bars
Black Oxide & Titanium Dioxide
No scent

The soap is for a gift for her husband.

Only one batch so far, usually make a few, but running out of people to give soap to.

I finally made cupcakes. I'm not a cutsy type of person, but I had the silicone muffin things, piping tools, and bags.

Only 12, see I can cut back, lol. Pink bottoms white and pink tops, and another first, cosmetic glitter. They are actually cute, wish I had a camera to post them. I've never piped before, so I was surprised. Soap is good for piping.

Used the BB free sample of baby powder (yuck, smells like all women's deodorant). Now I have to find somewhere to cure it as I am allergic to fragrances and it is not going well. At least I used it and did something new.

Bump, bump!

Latest posts

Back