How much Snow did you get ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin19687

Reaction score
Thought it would be nice to know about Snow Storms and such through out the Winter.

Rules: When there is a storm in your area please list
Date

Area - you can put the closest Major City/town if you don't want to put your own town
Amount of Snow/Ice - you can list the forecast and then what you got if you want

Additionally you can also put a blurb about if it was Fluffy or Wet snow and if there were Power outages and downed trees and such.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11-15/16-2018 Over night snow
Burlington area Massachusetts
Forecast 1-2 inches - Got 8-9 Inches :eek:

It is Wet snow as it turned to rain around midnight/1am and it is lightly drizzling this morning.

Son must have gone outside for a 'smoke' during the early morning as he shoveled the walkway to the carport. He is not allowed to smoke inside or near the house

Last edited:
HAHA this would be kind of hard for me to answer, because anytime it snows depending on where I am in the SAME CITY will determine how much snow there is. There could be 1 inch at the north end of the city, but a foot at the south end (yes, within the same city limits)

This is why in my area, the predictions are so wild and usually so wrong. They almost ALWAYS predict anywhere from 2"-18" for any given snow-storm, so really it's not like they are letting us know anything we don't already know. I hate listening to our weathermen here. It's ridiculous. And don't even get me started on the mountain predictions, or the predictions that are put on the weather channel. *sigh* I can look out the window and get better weather news than anything reported.

Anyway, as of right now we have a storm predicted for tomorrow. Prediction: 2"-8" depending on where you are. I'll let you know how much if any we actually get tomorrow.

Lol. It's been snowing since 1pm here, and I still see grass. It's going to have to snow for days to get up to the 3-5" forecasted.

Anyway, as of right now we have a storm predicted for tomorrow. Prediction: 2"-8" depending on where you are. I'll let you know how much if any we actually get tomorrow.
They predicted 2-8" - we didn't even get a frost. A bit of freezing rain for an hour or so, but nothing more than that.

Just fog.
For the last 2 weeks.
But it is freezing fog if that counts.

This kind of weather is why I have all the lights in the room with the woodstove. No seasonal depression allowed. I have summer in the downstairs living room.:thumbs:

My husband just texted me that it took him an hour and a half to drive the 19 miles home from work in a blizzard. Yesterday all flights were delayed. Today ALL flights were cancelled. So I am wondering if my flight on Wednesday is going to be delayed. I do hope it doesn't get delayed or cancelled and that the weather improves before that! Besides that, I don't want him driving in blizzard conditions to Chicago to pick me up. That's 150 miles he has to drive on Wednesday.

I'm with saltedfig, the answer is always going to be none, today was 25 degrees :D.

Latest posts

Back