How much Fragrance oil do you put in tarts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How much fragrance oil do you put in your tarts to make them strong smelling? I have CB advanced soy wax and the recommended FO was 5-12%, so I made a batch a couple days ago and used 10% FO, and I can hardly smell them when I melted one. I can make it the full 12% but I doubt 2% more will do anything. before I waste any more FO and wax I wanted to post something to see how much FO I can actually put in these little wax tarts. Thanks

You can put the full 12% FO load but I doubt that it will make a difference too. If you are not getting a good scent with 6-10% load than it probably is the FO. CBA is not a great wax for scent. It was designed primarily for making frost free creamy container candles. Not for its scent throw. Unfortunately you will have a lot of testing to find FOs that work well in that wax.

Best to get yourself a good tart or votive wax designed just for it.

You don't have to give up on the CBA. Some candlemakers do well with this wax and it does produce a pretty container candle. Just keep in mind that some FOs are not going to work in it.

I found that FOs that tended to work well in CBA were bakery. Eg., Creme Brulee was killer in CBA! Honeysuckle or rose-- nothing, nada!

HTH

Candybee said:
You don't have to give up on the CBA. Some candlemakers do well with this wax and it does produce a pretty container candle. Just keep in mind that some FOs are not going to work in it.

I found that FOs that tended to work well in CBA were bakery. Eg., Creme Brulee was killer in CBA! Honeysuckle or rose-- nothing, nada!

HTH
We have lots of chandlers who love that wax but Candybee is right: some work and some don't...it can also be the temperature the wax was at when you added the fragrance...so many things come into play! Good luck!

Latest posts

Back