How much EO in Bath salts???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mare61

Reaction score
I'm looking into making some bath salts. Here is my question: Is there a rule of thumb about how much EO to one cup of salts???? I'm very confused on this.

Thanks

I haven't made salt scrubs, but have made sugar scrubs....I just add a bit of fragrance in as I go and when I hit the desired strength of scent, I stop. I keep mine pretty low-key - don't want to overwhelm anyone. k

You need to be careful with essential oils because they are volatile--especially citrus oils...

For bath salts, add NO MORE than 6-7 drops per bath... and do not use oils such as cinnamon or clove which will irritate nether regions. Most customers will fall prey to the "if one scoop is good, two must be better!" perception and that needs to be accounted for... I would *never* use essential oils by "just adding some until it smells good"-- essential oils have huge benefits but can also be dangerous because they are so concentrated-- a generalization is: for leave on products, keep to .5-1%--for rinse off, keep to less than 3%.

you can also check out the Majestic Mountain Sage website (www.thesage.com) they have a fragrance calculator for FOs and EOs that tells you how much to use in all sorts of different products (cp soaps, lip balms, salts, etc) and it is based on the amount of the 'stuff' you are using, so it's pretty helpful!

:D

mcleodnaturals said:
you can also check out the Majestic Mountain Sage website (www.thesage.com) they have a fragrance calculator for FOs and EOs that tells you how much to use in all sorts of different products (cp soaps, lip balms, salts, etc) and it is based on the amount of the 'stuff' you are using, so it's pretty helpful!

:D

Great resource, thanks!

Here's the fragrance calculator: http://www.thesage.com/calcs/fragcalc.html

Thanks guys

I really like this calculator. Gives me much more confidence in adding the EO and FO to the bath salt.

Latest posts

Back