How much carrot purée at trace?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loopyloop

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone tell me how much carrot purée I need to use at trace in a 70% olive oil soap? For colour and whatever other benefits... I'm talking percentage, I'd guess. Thanks.

So, what you're saying is that if my recipe has 100 g water and I want to use 30% purée, I should make the lye solution with 70 and add the 30 purée at trace, is that right?

Yes, you count the carrot puree as the 30 g, and the 70 g as the water. I, too, would add the puree to the oils and stick blend before adding the lye water. Helps you make absolutely sure it is completely blended in.

OKay, poured, gelling (I peeked) and now I wait :)

I did: half water, half carrot juice.
And I did a low-heat infusion of carrots in sunflower oil (as per Carolyn's suggestion).

Then. I added about 7mls of carrotseed EO - which I don't really expect to stick around (in a 5lb batch) - but we'll see :)

And since I like the first minutes after a pour.. Don't mind my shoddy mold-lining job. Baby decided she wanted her mama as I was in a hurry to get it into the mold, and get out of my soaping clothes.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1441750169.158257.jpg

Last edited:
Back