How many use a top on.....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
.....their soap mold when doing CP soap? I am in the marketing mode on this issue. All my TOG Molds come with a wood top to help hold in the heat during saponification to aide in obtaining a full gel. It adds to the cost of materials and labor to make these tops. My question concerns using one or not. What do you guys do? I know several have my TOG Molds, others use other wood or plastic molds. Help me in deciding upon weather to design a less expensive TOG Wood Mold without a top.

Paul.... :wink:

smellitlikeitis said:
i use tops, i dont get ash when i do use tops.

Yup! I totally agree Shannan. I have never had a case of ash since I always use a top. Thanks for the input!

dragonfly princess said:
You guys are just making this list too easy!!! A case of ash???? That is funny Paul!!

OK, Tab, add another "funy" word or saying to our "funny girl" Dragon! :lol: :lol:

Yup no case of ash for me, 8) but I feel that is you don't use a top and you get a case of ash, :shock: it can be a pain in the ash(s)! :p :lol: :lol: I crack myself up! Famous line from a movie, Dragon! :lol: :p :p

The royal pain in the ash! :lol:

*nudge* It'd be nice to offer one without a top for us M&P-ers who use your molds...

Latest posts

Back