How Many Recipes?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cellador

Reaction score
For those who sell, how many recipes do you have? Do you try to meet many needs with one recipe and modify the additives? Or do you have different base soaps (one for high cleansing, one for gentleness, castile/Bastille recipes, etc.)?
Just curious...I plan on having one base recipe because, frankly, it's simpler. But, I was wondering if it was worth it to have one or two "specialty bars."

I have a vegan, non-vegan, couple facial bars, salt bar, no fragrance no color, no CO just PKO, and a shea bar. My vegan and non-vegan are only varied with the small amount of liquid oil I use in them. My men's fragranced type soaps usually have a little higher cleansing value versus my women's geared soaps have a cleansing value 12. Men's are usually 15. I just do not do one size fits all plus I use whatever liquid oil is the least cost at the time of re-stocking. Liquid Oils I use regularly are Sunflower HO, Avocado, and Canola HO. I sell in open markets and used to sell online through our site which is down now, but if I was wholesaling it would be different. I will tweak my base recipe if I want to make an intricate design, which I do not fool with much anymore.

You're in the states which is different but us UK/EU sellers, each of change of base can cost around £200-500 so I think most of us have a core of 1 or two based and about 6 variations (colours or fragrances).

Latest posts

Back