How many oz of soaps will I get from 32oz oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many oz of water/lye did you add to your oil? Because that is all going to (mostly) cure out and drop your final weight back down...

My TOG 10" log molds hold 32 ounces each. When you pour one using 32 ounces of oils at a 5% lye discount, the log will weigh about 47 to 48 ounces when you remove it from the mold. Each of the 10 bars weigh about 4.7 to 4.8 ounces when freshly cut, and cure out in 6 weeks to weigh about 4.3 to 4.4 ounces each. These are 1" thick, by 3-3/8" long, by 2-1/2" tall. Been making this size batch for over 2-1/2 years now and always get the same weight using 32 ounces of oils.

Paul... :wink:

How many oz of water/lye did you add to your oil? Because that is all going to (mostly) cure out and drop your final weight back down...

lye: 4.5 oz
Water: 10oz

the log will weigh about 47 to 48 ounces when you remove it from the mold.

I only got about 39oz when I remove from the mold. Is it sth wrong?

thx

Soapmaker Man said:
My TOG 10" log molds hold 32 ounces each. When you pour one using 32 ounces of oils at a 5% lye discount, the log will weigh about 47 to 48 ounces when you remove it from the mold. Each of the 10 bars weigh about 4.7 to 4.8 ounces when freshly cut, and cure out in 6 weeks to weigh about 4.3 to 4.4 ounces each. These are 1" thick, by 3-3/8" long, by 2-1/2" tall. Been making this size batch for over 2-1/2 years now and always get the same weight using 32 ounces of oils.

Paul... :wink:

The more and more I see/read about your molds... the more and more I feel the urge to have one!!!

Thanks Lane! :D
You should definitely have more weight than that. The water weight and the oils weight and the lye weight and did you add any FO's will certainly weigh more than 39 ounces. How long did you wait to weigh/cut this log after you poured it?

Paul

You should definitely have more weight than that. The water weight and the oils weight and the lye weight and did you add any FO's will certainly weigh more than 39 ounces. How long did you wait to weigh/cut this log after you poured it?

The 1st batch, I didn't add any FO or EO, 2nd batch, I add 6 tsp FO. I weighted it after I cut into bars. It was about 18 hours after I poured into the mold. Also, I did CPOP. Should I weight right after I pour into the mold?

Thanks

leansoapqueen said:
I just got a TOG mold- woo! hoo! Can't wait to get it!

I ordering mine today... after all the reviews in this forum... How can anyone NOT have one?? *excited*

Latest posts

Back