How long have you been soaping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya-m

Reaction score
And what's your favourite creation to date?

I've been soaping 5 months and so far this is my favourite because the end product is what I was trying to achieve

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1429353237.274717.jpg

That's really lovely soap....I love that color, and those delicate swirls. I've been soaping for about seven or eight years now, and my favorite creation isn't a particular soap, it's a recipe. It's a facial soap recipe with avocado oil, and it's my favorite because it makes my mature skin feel so good, and up until I developed this recipe, I had to slather my skin with moisturizer, and it still felt dry. Not any more. :D

I've been soaping 3 years. I was shocked when I realized this!! I don't have a particular favorite soap, but I really love experimenting.

Eta: I posted about my first soaping experience earlier this month. When people talk about soapy failures, all I can think of is my first time: http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=53186

Last edited:
that. Is. STUNNING. I would buy that soap.

I've been soaping for 15 years. It's hard pick a favorite. One was a in a vinyl gutter downspout. I scented with green tweed and did a little splash of green in the middle. No pics.

I have been soaping for 6 months now. I love all my soaps for different reasons. The one I didn't particularly care for was my unscented soap because it was unscented. I havent figured out how to post a picture yet, but my soaps are no where as beautiful as this soap of yours, it is really pretty. Congratulations.

Four-ish happy months (or at least happy about the soap part.) I don't have any favorites, per se, yet, although I have a couple of disastrous un-favorites.

And Sonya, I agree, your soap is beautiful. You really do seem to have the knack from the get-go.

I've been soaping for a little over a year and a half! I'm still surprised at how addicted I got!

My favorite soap ever was this one, it was the time I accidentally got a hummingbird in my lavender soap!

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1429375968.182706.jpg

Sadly.. It was the only soap I've ever had that got DOS :(

Sonya- I've said it before- that soap awesomely beautiful!

TVivian- I'm so sorry to hear that such a lovely soap as what you pictured above got DOS. :(

I've been at it for almost 10 years now. My favorite creation to date is my creamy/pearly liquid soap made via the glycerin method. For years, liquid soap was much like my personal Mt. Everest. I didn't think I could ever get up enough gumption to attempt it, much less be able to achieve such a lovely liquid soap from scratch as what I now make on a regular basis.

My favorite CP soap is my interpretation of Soapmaking 101's Heavenly soap with 2 off-set pencil lines. I had never, ever been able to achieve a good pencil line before this attempt (it's the blue one in the middle):

IMG_2427CroppedResisizedAppleKaiBatberry2640.JPG

IrishLass :)

Love the pencil line, IL. I have tried to do it (including uneven ones), but I usually get the line without the sparkle, if that makes sense? Or mica pockets. I have just been assuming that lye will kill the sparkle in mica. I did it once, mostly by mistake but not have been able to recreate.

I've only been cp soaping for 2 weeks. I have done MPS for a few years. I have wanted to try cp for a few years but was too scared. I finally decided to just do it. Too early for me to say which my favorite is as both batches are still curing.

PS...Love all the soap pics!

Just curious, is it a lard soap?

No, it was olive, Palm, coconut, castor, avocado. With a gazillion additives, lavender hydrosol, kaolin clay, sugar, dendritic salt, purple clay, TD .. and I'm pretty sure the lavender EO or FO (I used both) were past their prime. I learned from that soap to go easy on my additives.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1429399200.550032.jpg

Here they are now. Who knows? .. maybe they're just yellow. They smell ok.

Sorry to hijack your thread Sonya!

It doesn't look DOS-y from where I'm sitting. Instead, it just looks like it might have a touch of discoloration from one of your additives.

IrishLass :)

TVivian - Those don't look DOS-y to me either. My mother would go nuts over them! She loves birds, hummingbirds in particular. Did you ever try to repeat the technique in a follow up batch?

Latest posts

Back