How long does the average shaving foam last you before it collapses?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can only get KOH in small bottles, so it doesn`t last me long. On a happier note my supplier told me now that they would actually increase the weight and offer 1 kg sizes soon also.

Norway has experienced a lot of issues lately, with things going out of stock because of the issues with distribution. Not within Norway, but within other countries to get it to the borders. Which is the reason the KOH has taken many months to reach my supplier.

No, I never go for big batches either when making test batches, but I don`t do microbatches either. Mine is around 200 grams per batch.

The reason for that is simple: hubby shaves his face, I shave my legs. I need to test everything on myself also, and it is a bit annoying (very annoying actually) to have such a small ammount for one batch divided between us.

This last batch is the winner over them all, so I am not going to fix what aint broke, which is very nice to have reached that point in the testing. It has been a learning curve to get it juuuust right, but it is so worth it. Now I can focus on the fragrance that I am going for, getting the CPRS, getting the containers right and decide on labels. I have done all the labour, now it`s time for the fun part. Well, the different type of fun part!

Well, I have to try it with 100% KOH once to see what happens. Just gotta!
Oh I forgot you're in Norway. Seems crazy to think a basic soap ingredient would be banned, feels as weird as if they decided to ban all purpose flour. Glad it's gone though, hope the supply situation rights itself. Supply issues rampant here in the USA as well. At my warehouse we ran with 25-33% out of stock for half a year, when before the pandemic the goal was 0.5%!

Ok I'm rambling but it's nice to have a good chat. Good luck with your batches!

Oh I forgot you're in Norway. Seems crazy to think a basic soap ingredient would be banned, feels as weird as if they decided to ban all purpose flour. Glad it's gone though, hope the supply situation rights itself. Supply issues rampant here in the USA as well. At my warehouse we ran with 25-33% out of stock for half a year, when before the pandemic the goal was 0.5%!

Ok I'm rambling but it's nice to have a good chat. Good luck with your batches!

Rambling? I didn`t notice any. It is called t a l k i n g 😄

Do you know what is the absolute craziest thing about that? It was that KOH was not legal, but I could easily buy my equally corrosive soaping NaOH (90-99pure) in the groceryisle.
It stood right next to the washingpowders and airfresheners...:beatinghead:

(ooo, you guys, guys, we can`t let teh peepl buy the dangerouz KOH. Noooo. Danger. Danger. Naoh? Pfffft, what about it. No problem. It is not like it is similar, or dangerous or something...)

...🤦‍♀️

You too! If you ever make an olive shaving soap, do tell.

Back