How does this recipe look?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m trying for a bit of a slow moving trace to do a scenery with different colors and don’t want the color for the top to be too thick by the time I’m done the bottom. Am thinking of mixing 2 1/2 batches so the dandelion infused olive oil doesn’t turn my sky green😁 Also it says it’s not bubbly so was thinking of adding 1/2 tsp ppo glycerin 🤷🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• 1D10E4C5-D9F1-4B3B-8C60-565C652365EC.jpeg
    1D10E4C5-D9F1-4B3B-8C60-565C652365EC.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 18
I think it has too many similar oils that aren't nessaccary. Olive, sunflower and almond are similar, pick one.
Same with lard, tallow and crisco. I would use just one or two tops.
Beeswax in any amount is going to speed trace, do away with it.

This is my go to recipe, simple and traces slow.

Lard 50%
Olive or sunflower 25%
Coconut 20%
Castor 5%

I think it has too many similar oils that aren't nessaccary. Olive, sunflower and almond are similar, pick one.

Lard 50%
Olive or sunflower 25%
Coconut 20%
Castor 5%
Good to know, thanks👍

I use a recipe very similar to what Obsidian shared - lots of working time and very nice soap.

For extra bubbles, my go-to is sorbitol. Second best is sugar or powdered goat milk, but the GM often gives the batter a yellow-ish cast.

Lard 50%
Olive or sunflower 25%
Coconut 20%
Castor 5%
Ha! I just posted a question asking for a slow moving recipe. Wish I had seen this beforehand ! Thanks so much! Going to try this one tomorrow 🤞

Thanks! I usually soap between 80-90 anyway and thankfully I have all of these ingredients on hand. Going to try it out tomorrow!

Latest posts

Back